Tuesday, May 12, 2015

How to Make Extra Money

Hi Everyone! I am going to share with you guys how I make extra money on the side. Who doesn't need money, right? There is always something you want but you can't afford. There is always a need for money! The ways I am going to share with you guys are going to be immediate and some are going to be a little slower.



1. eBay
eBay is a super easy way to get money. For the last couple of years, I used eBay to sell my used clothes and I would sell 1-5 pieces of clothing a month. Random people would find my clothes because eBay is so populated with buyers from all over the world. Even if you only want to sell domestically, people are willing to buy (at a reasonable price). eBay would take 20% of your profits at the end of the month but it is still a great way to gain a little bit of extra cash. I usually sell my old games I used to play also. If I don't need anything I just pop it onto eBay and eventually someone will buy it from me! It's pretty neat.
I know some people hate the fact that the website takes so much of your profit, but with other websites to sell your own clothes, you really do have to market yourself really hard. If you are using eBay, you don't need to market yourself at all. 

2. Youtube
If you are creative or entertaining Youtube is the place for you! It is pretty simple to monetize your videos to make a little bit of money. It does take a while to get the money you want to see in your pocket. Youtube takes dedication, and a lot of hard work to make the money you probably want to see. The money you get from Youtube is from the Ads they play on your channel. One big problem is that on Google Chrome, there is an extension called Adblock. It blocks ads from the web browsers. Since they don't see the ad, you don't get paid. That is probably why it takes so long to get money. There is also a $100 dollar threshold. Which means that you have to make at least 100 dollars to get that money into your pocket. It takes a LONG time but it may be worth it in the end if you love doing Youtube videos.

2. Odd Jobs
This answer is probably obvious. Odd jobs. You can either mow the lawn for a neighbor, walk their dog, baby sit their kid or anything else you can think of. I know it is very rare to ask your neighbors if they do need help with anything but if you need money fast, this is the way. 

4.  Selling Your Clothes to Stores
There is a store in Portland, Maine called "The Fashion Gods" and a store in Scarborough, Maine called "Plato's Closet". They sell slightly used clothes from the fashion brands teens love (A&F, Aeropostale, Forever 21). The stores sell their clothes at the fraction of the price as regular retailers sell. They also buy their clothes from people also. Anyone can bring in a bag of slightly used clothing (name brands) and the store will go through your clothes to see which ones they will buy from you. It depends on what the quality your clothes are in, to know how much they are going to pay you. They will give you a check for the clothes they buy from you and it will usually be less than 50 dollars (obviously depends on how much you brought to them). Although it's  not A LOT it's a quick and easy way to get money. 

I know this is probably a lot to read and I am so sorry for that. If I find any other ways to come up with easy ways to get money, I will make another list. Hopefully this helped you and hopefully you already didn't know all of this! Good luck and make a lot of money!

1 comment: